Your construction site depends on power to keep your tools and equipment running at all times. E–Pole Hire P/L are your local experts you can rely on to keep the current flowing. We will safely install a 40amp single phase (Domestic), 80amp single phase (Commercial) or a 3 Phase Builders Temporary Supply (BTS) pole to your site, for overhead connection or for underground connection to pit (If already installed). All of our installations are inspected and tested by an independent Electrical Inspector and supplied with a Certificate of Electrical Safety (CES). We will supply the CES together with an Electrical Works Request (EWR) for you to apply to your chosen retailer to have your service connected. Or you can choose to have E–pole Hire P/L apply for connection on your behalf via Origin Energy*.
Things to consider
- Clear and unhindered access is required throughout the duration of the job for the network to connect, disconnect and conduct meter reads. Also, so that E–Pole Hire can install and remove the pole when required.
- Marking the preferred position of the pole on the building site with a stake or marker paint to help us avoid underground services such as water, gas and phone services. We need to dig a 900mm deep hole for the BTS.
- E–Pole Hire P/L use a 1 Tonne Ute with crane to help lift a BTS into position. Please ensure there is adequate room on your site for this.
- For underground installations, we will trench up to 1 meter away from the pit if you require the BTS to be further away from the pit than this, we ask the site to arrange trenching from the point of required installation back to the pit. If E–Pole Hire are required to utilise the services of a third party, or hire equipment to allow us to complete an installation on a building site, ALL costs will be charged back to client.
- The Supply Authority will not connect to a temporary builders pole unless 2 support stays are installed. The radius of the support stays are about 2 metres from the base of the pole. The temporary builders pole and 2 support stays must be placed inside the work site property boundary and comply with Energy Safe Victoria’s Guidelines. DO NOT tamper with any part of a BTS installation once completed.
- There is a 3 metre ‘exclusion zone’ around a BTS. If any scaffold, roofing or any part of a construction needs to be inside the ‘exclusion zone’, it is the sites responsibility to obtain a permit from the Supply Authority to occupy this area.
- The service cable from the Supply Authority street pole to the BTS must not cross a neighbouring property.
- Wet weather can restrict access to a site and can delay installation and removal of poles.
- It is the Site Supervisors responsibility to advise E–Pole Hire P/L when the cables are disconnected from the temporary builders pole and the meter removed from the meter box so that we can arrange to off hire and pick up the pole.
*Administration Fees Apply – please speak with one of our staff for further information.